Monday, February 21, 2011

creative writing website

Creative Writing Prompts
This is a great website to boost creative writing skills.  Students just put their cursor on one of the 300+ numbers, and a text box writing prompt appears with a creative writing idea to try.  There are poetry ideas, story ideas, and just some creative thoughts to get students thinking and writing.  This is particularly helpful if students are unclear what to write about, this will give them tons of ideas and inspiration.

Ross, Sherry.  Creative Writing Prompts.  Retrieved February 21, 2011, from:  www.creativewritingprompts.com 

One of Us Creative Writing Website
This website is very hepful.  It encourages teens to use the web to enhance thier creative writing skills.  There are lots of different writing exercises.  It also breaks down different elements of a story, and gives ideas for each one.  There are some great articles on writing, a how to section, and a discussion board.

One of Us.  Creative writing forum.  Retrieved February 21, 2011, from:  www.oneofus.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. I followed your link to the creative writing prompts website and love it! That is so cool! I think that could even be a great tool for teachers to pull prompts off of for warm up activities! I think it would also be neat to give an assignment and tell each students to go to number 4 or 235 or whichever number you choose and have them all write on the same prompt and see how many different essays you get back. This is a really cool website, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out One of Us Creative Writing website. I think this is a great way for students to get ideas, or take ideas they already have, and put them on paper. This website seems like something that students could use at home.

    ReplyDelete